Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 5:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Enjoy the game ! »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Enjoy the game !
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Enjoy the game !  (Read 3862 times)
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Enjoy the game !
« on: Apr 12th, 2007, 11:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there ! Smiley

I'm not sure whether I have the right to post in the team forum, so I start a thread here ...

Have a nice game !

Jean
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Enjoy the game !
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 1:22pm »

I hope you have fun too!  But I should warn you we have already collectively analyzed your flawed opening setup to a forced loss for you...
IP Logged

arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 3:22am »

on Apr 12th, 2007, 1:22pm, Fritzlein wrote:
I hope you have fun too!  But I should warn you we have already collectively analyzed your flawed opening setup to a forced loss for you...

LOL
IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:41am »

This is a good place for trash talk.  Maybe it's a good idea to stay away from the Mob forum altogther.  The original topic should remain clean but be sure to stay away from the Move topics.

It's an honor being Head Boy over there, but what a bunch of nutters!  I feel like a glorified hall monitor.  Oy, I've become my brother Percy!
IP Logged
The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 4:14pm »

So, chessandgo, how are you going to treat this game?  Are you going to treat it like any other postal game, or are you going to devote special attention to it?  Are you going to keep notes of your plan, or are you going to start fresh every week?

You don't have to answer.  You probably don't want to release any secrets, not that the Mob needs them to win.  Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2007, 4:14pm by The_Jeh » IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15th, 2007, 8:23pm »

chessandgo,

Some of us think you would enjoy reading some of the posts in the Mob forum.  After all, fun is the object of this game, besides trying to beat you.

Go ahead and read Mob forum topics other than Move X.  And NIC1138 apologizes for what he wrote about you and a camel on your honeymoon.
IP Logged
NIC1138
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #65536

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17th, 2007, 6:37pm »

on Apr 15th, 2007, 8:23pm, RonWeasley wrote:
And NIC1138 apologizes for what he wrote about you and a camel on your honeymoon.
I don't get you guys, who wouldn't find it romantic to bring your beloved one into a camel travel through the beautiful Morocco, or the beautiful Algerian desert, watching the red sand in the dawn at the Grand Erg Occidental!??... Huh Tongue Roll Eyes
IP Logged
IdahoEv
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1753

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19th, 2007, 1:48pm »

NIC1138 apologizes for what he wrote about you and a camel on your honeymoon.

*snort*
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21st, 2007, 8:35am »

Say, Jean, I'm wondering if I can call upon you for a few words comparing Arimaa to chess.

It turns out that the Dallas chess club (quite active) meets only a few miles from my new home.  I think it would be fun to print up brochures to take there some weekend, and maybe draw some new players into the Arimaa site.  Actually I have a brochure already typed up that I intended to take to the Minnesota University chess club, but I never got around to it, and now I want to update it with quotes from the World Champion, if you don't mind.

So, what do you think of chess?  Is it a good game?  A great game?  What can you say to chess-lovers to interest them in Arimaa?
IP Logged

NIC1138
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #65536

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21st, 2007, 9:54am »

Jean, about the onoing Mob Match, we're having quite a hard time debating over our predictions of what you are going to do next... Can you at least tell us if you are perhaps considering a castling somewhere in move 23 or 25??... What about doing a Schlembs Maneuver at move 33?? Huh

It's just that that we are not sure. As for the insidious cat-and-dog inverted-hopscotch tactic you are planning for move 15... HA! We've already seen through your cunning plan!! Cool
IP Logged
NIC1138
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #65536

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21st, 2007, 10:19am »

on Apr 21st, 2007, 8:35am, Fritzlein wrote:
Actually I have a brochure already typed up that I intended to take to the Minnesota University chess club, but I never got around to it

Neat! Can us have it?? =)

I'm planning to enter a university next semester that has a go club... (that's 60% why I really want to go there!)
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2007, 10:20am by NIC1138 » IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22nd, 2007, 2:17pm »

And NIC1138 apologizes for what he wrote about you and a camel on your honeymoon.

As far as I recall, nobody (besides yourself, Ron Smiley) ever called me names involving a camel ... what's this story with Nic and a camel Huh
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22nd, 2007, 2:18pm »

on Apr 21st, 2007, 9:54am, NIC1138 wrote:
Jean, about the onoing Mob Match, we're having quite a hard time debating over our predictions of what you are going to do next... Can you at least tell us if you are perhaps considering a castling somewhere in move 23 or 25??... What about doing a Schlembs Maneuver at move 33?? Huh

It's just that that we are not sure. As for the insidious cat-and-dog inverted-hopscotch tactic you are planning for move 15... HA! We've already seen through your cunning plan!! Cool

Smiley
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #13 on: Apr 22nd, 2007, 2:23pm »

on Apr 21st, 2007, 8:35am, Fritzlein wrote:
Say, Jean, I'm wondering if I can call upon you for a few words comparing Arimaa to chess.

It turns out that the Dallas chess club (quite active) meets only a few miles from my new home.  I think it would be fun to print up brochures to take there some weekend, and maybe draw some new players into the Arimaa site.  Actually I have a brochure already typed up that I intended to take to the Minnesota University chess club, but I never got around to it, and now I want to update it with quotes from the World Champion, if you don't mind.

So, what do you think of chess?  Is it a good game?  A great game?  What can you say to chess-lovers to interest them in Arimaa?

Great idea !  
Had I the tenth of your persuading skills, I'd gladly help you with this, but I think you'll do it far better than I would Smiley [As for this world champ stuff, you are so, ain't you Wink]

yeah, chess is good, but arimaa is a lot better Wink If you really want to quote me, please tell me what kind of thing you're looking for, I subscribe by advance to anything you will say Smiley
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #14 on: Apr 23rd, 2007, 3:34am »

on Apr 13th, 2007, 4:14pm, The_Jeh wrote:
So, chessandgo, how are you going to treat this game?  Are you going to treat it like any other postal game, or are you going to devote special attention to it?  Are you going to keep notes of your plan, or are you going to start fresh every week?

You don't have to answer.  You probably don't want to release any secrets, not that the Mob needs them to win.  Wink

Usually I think until I find a satisfying move, and postpone moving if I can't find one ... I guess I'll do the same for this game, but I'll have to check even more carefully and spend really much time, as you guys are going to consider much more moves than I can Smiley

Hopefully, with one week per move, the game won't become complicated before a fair part of the postal tourney games are over ...

How about the Mob team ? How are the debates going ? You guys are not letting Karl rule them Smiley ? How many players have joined the team so far ?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.