Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 1:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Hi! »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Hi!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi!  (Read 968 times)
rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

Hi!
« on: Mar 17th, 2010, 4:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone...

I signed up for an arimaa.com account back in 2005, but ended up abandoning it for a few years until now!

Even with my dismal Arimaa skills I've been enjoying to watch the games in the computer/human championships, and have learned a lot from the chatroom lately. I think I actually understand some of the strategy already, it's the tactics which defeat me so far in the bot ladder. Maybe it's just me, but I find I need a lot of attention to keep track of all the frozen pieces, traps etc, probably more so than when I started playing chess.

I am a programmer too, and I am already starting my own Arimaa bot, which will probably be above my skill level right from the start Tongue The fantastic progress developers have been making in the past few years was quite an incentive for me to get back to the site. That and the tightly-knit community full of smart and interesting people of course.

See you around,
rbarreira
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2010, 4:46am by rbarreira » IP Logged
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2010, 5:50pm »

Hi, maybe you don't have dismal arimaa skills, maybe your learning curve is slow like mine.
IP Logged
Isaac Grosof
Forum Guru

Longtime Arimaa Fan

Re: Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2010, 6:22pm »

Try using the whole 2 minutes against p1/p2 bots, and you'll probably improve. (unless, of course, you already are.)
IP Logged

Sorry about that one thing.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.