Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Announce Bot Bashing Record »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Announce Bot Bashing Record
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Announce Bot Bashing Record  (Read 31465 times)
Gerenuk
Forum Full Member

TheGerenuk

Re: Announce Bot Bashing Record
« Reply #90 on: Dec 9th, 2008, 4:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Op_For2008Fast
Goal in 12 with Silver
#90910 (changed)
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2008, 8:02am by Gerenuk » IP Logged
Gerenuk
Forum Full Member

TheGerenuk

« Reply #91 on: Dec 10th, 2008, 3:19pm »

Clueless2007Fast
Goal 23 as Gold
IP Logged
Quirk
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #2851

« Reply #92 on: Jan 8th, 2009, 8:29pm »

I managed to shave one off bot_Zombie2008Fast's stated score for gold; got it down from 17 to 16 to win by goal.

Game 93582.
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/games/jsShowGame.cgi?gid=93582&s=w

I'd had a really bad run against this bot for a bit, trying to play its game and making any number of tactical blunders (I think it was a bad day, really...) and then I started winning a little bit. For this game I looked at some of the botbashing record games, and then at some of the past quicker wins against Zombie2008Fast, then came up with a crazy starting setup and went for a quick rabbit win up the left hand side. It features what's got to be a relatively uncommon starting camel position.

I think there are some issues with the bot, incidentally - it's lost quite a lot of games on time, including one I played with it recently where it wanted to repeat the position a third time and couldn't, and sulked for five minutes. It might bear some looking into.
IP Logged
Quirk
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #2851

« Reply #93 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 10:20pm »

And another one, rather more impressive in the margin reduced:

gold against bot_OpFor2008Fast, reduced from a stated 34 moves to just 14.
Game 93677
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/games/jsShowGame.cgi?gid=93677&s=w

I think the stats on that one are outdated anyway. Looking back, it's had a loss in 12 against someone playing silver and 18 against someone playing gold - but as far as I can tell, 14 is the fastest against it with gold.
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #94 on: Jan 12th, 2009, 7:44pm »

If someone else wants to take over the duty of updating the page, be my guest.  I have stopped updating it.

Karl (Fritzlein) - can give you the password.
IP Logged

Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #95 on: Jan 12th, 2009, 8:18pm »

ill do it if i have time, Fritz, send me the password either by email on on the forum
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #96 on: Jan 12th, 2009, 8:46pm »

on Jan 12th, 2009, 8:18pm, Tuks wrote:
ill do it if i have time, Fritz, send me the password either by email on on the forum

Sent.  If you have extra time, an extra-nice service would be to move it over to the new wiki.  Ask Omar to make an account for you there if you feel up to it.  I understand that the plan is eventually to shut down the old wiki after everything has been moved over.
IP Logged

Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #97 on: Jan 13th, 2009, 9:41am »

i got it, and i looked at it, i will edit it on the weekend, im having trouble finding time to do anything other than studying for exams during this (and next) week and when i do find time, i like using it for relaxation.
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #98 on: Jan 21st, 2009, 1:51pm »

After a break from Arimaa from a while, I am slowly getting back into it - I will resume botbash update page duty and have those new records updated soon.  I just beat OpforP1 in 9 moves which is a new record Smiley

Tuks you are off the hook  Wink
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #99 on: Jan 21st, 2009, 3:28pm »

It's good to have you back, mistre.  Just yesterday 99of9 and I were counting up how many potential Challenge defenders had become inactive.
IP Logged

Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #100 on: Jan 22nd, 2009, 6:21am »

o ok, i just finished exams so if you need help dont hesitate to ask
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #101 on: Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:32am »

Records updated.  Please check for accuracy.  I am most impressed with peppi's records (presumably a 9-yr old girl) from the Netherlands.

IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #102 on: Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:16pm »

on Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:32am, mistre wrote:
I am most impressed with peppi's records (presumably a 9-yr old girl) from the Netherlands.

The personal information is obviously a joke.  Peppi & Kokki is a slapstick comedy duo that had some success in the Netherlands a few decades back.  It could be like a nine-year-old in the U.S. naming their account Cindy Brady; most likely it's an adult, because kids that young probably didn't grow up loving the Brady Bunch.  And not only is peppi probably an adult, the game records suggest it may well be an experienced player who has played before under another account name.

I have no objections to people playing anonymously, and no objections to their records being in the bot-bashing Hall of Fame, but I'm not about to give extra kudos because someone faked his personal information.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2009, 2:56pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #103 on: Jan 22nd, 2009, 1:55pm »

I am not sure.  This person may not really be a 9-year old from the Netherlands, but I can't tell from game history if it is an old user using an alias or an actual new player.  If you look at Peppi's record (45-117), it is certainly possible that this is a new player who found a way to bash a few bots.  Still, It could be an old user who was really trying to disguise his or her intentions.  It has been awfully quiet around here without one infamous player (I won't name names)... hint hint.
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #104 on: Jan 23rd, 2009, 5:07am »

on Jan 22nd, 2009, 12:16pm, Fritzlein wrote:

The personal information is obviously a joke.  Peppi & Kokki is a slapstick comedy duo that had some success in the Netherlands a few decades back.  It could be like a nine-year-old in the U.S. naming their account Cindy Brady; most likely it's an adult, because kids that young probably didn't grow up loving the Brady Bunch.  And not only is peppi probably an adult, the game records suggest it may well be an experienced player who has played before under another account name.

I have no objections to people playing anonymously, and no objections to their records being in the bot-bashing Hall of Fame, but I'm not about to give extra kudos because someone faked his personal information.

What?  You mean this might not be the REAL Peppi or the REAL Cindy Brady?  I'm so disillusioned.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.