Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Whole History Ratings »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Whole History Ratings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  10 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Whole History Ratings  (Read 67434 times)
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Re: Whole History Ratings
« Reply #60 on: Nov 6th, 2009, 5:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ahh, ok. I wonder if the graph of opponents is simply not well connected enough for the ratings or maybe just not enough games?

Also looking at it again bot_Bomb2004CC and all the bot_Gnobot2006* versions should have also been excluded. These are variants that used to be run on the arimaa.com server but have been removed for various reasons.

Of course removing those is only going to make the small number of games played even less.

Janzert
IP Logged
Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #61 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 9:03am »

your rating is doing something fishy...i beat Adanac and i barely got anything for it even though Adanac is 300+ higher than me

i lost to Fritz too but that shouldn't make any difference because he is 500+ higher

maybe im wrong, i was expecting to jump up a couple ranks
IP Logged
Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #62 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 9:04am »

it could be that the date changed but the ratings didnt, urgh, blast my memory i cant remember if i was in the 2040s before or not
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #63 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 9:34am »

on Nov 15th, 2009, 9:04am, Tuks wrote:
it could be that the date changed but the ratings didnt, urgh, blast my memory i cant remember if i was in the 2040s before or not

Tuks, you can tell by your game room rating of 1892 (listed next to your WHR) that the whole history ratings were calculated at the after your game with froody but before your game with Adanac.  But anyway how can you enjoy seeing your rating go up if you can't remember what it was before?  Wink
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #64 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 9:39am »

I have a feature request for you, woh.  Could you display a second ranking that omits anyone who hasn't played a rated game in the last year?  Or even (if it isn't too difficult) omit anyone who hasn't played at least five games in the past year?  The changed ranks could be listed in the same table as the ratings.  It is nice to see the all-time rankings, but it would also be nice to see a ranking of active players.
IP Logged

Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #65 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 10:11am »

true that
IP Logged
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #66 on: Nov 15th, 2009, 6:50pm »

on Nov 15th, 2009, 9:39am, Fritzlein wrote:
I have a feature request for you, woh.  Could you display a second ranking that omits anyone who hasn't played a rated game in the last year?  Or even (if it isn't too difficult) omit anyone who hasn't played at least five games in the past year?  The changed ranks could be listed in the same table as the ratings.  It is nice to see the all-time rankings, but it would also be nice to see a ranking of active players.

Can't wait to see active player's ratings. It will definitely be a good impetus for active players or be active
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #67 on: Nov 16th, 2009, 5:52pm »

I like the "# games" column that you added.  Thanks, woh!
IP Logged

woh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2128

« Reply #68 on: Nov 17th, 2009, 10:17am »

on Nov 15th, 2009, 9:39am, Fritzlein wrote:

WHR now includes 2 extra columns: the active ranking and the number of games played in the past year. It is based on a minimum of 5 games.
IP Logged

woh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2128

« Reply #69 on: Nov 17th, 2009, 10:42am »

on Nov 6th, 2009, 5:20pm, Janzert wrote:
Ahh, ok. I wonder if the graph of opponents is simply not well connected enough for the ratings or maybe just not enough games?

Also looking at it again bot_Bomb2004CC and all the bot_Gnobot2006* versions should have also been excluded. These are variants that used to be run on the arimaa.com server but have been removed for various reasons.

Of course removing those is only going to make the small number of games played even less.

Janzert

I updated this ranking and excluded the bots you mentionned. The new ranking is based on a total of 1430 games, the previous one on 1470 games.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #70 on: Nov 17th, 2009, 12:50pm »

on Nov 17th, 2009, 10:17am, woh wrote:
WHR now includes 2 extra columns: the active ranking and the number of games played in the past year. It is based on a minimum of 5 games.

Awesome!  Thank you so much.  I love these ratings.  I guess my only other request would be to have them integrated into the game room.  Smiley
IP Logged

woh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2128

« Reply #71 on: Nov 17th, 2009, 2:01pm »

on Nov 15th, 2009, 9:03am, Tuks wrote:
your rating is doing something fishy...i beat Adanac and i barely got anything for it even though Adanac is 300+ higher than me

i lost to Fritz too but that shouldn't make any difference because he is 500+ higher

maybe im wrong, i was expecting to jump up a couple ranks

Tuks, the WHR ratings are not updated live. I generate those normally once a day. The rankings of  November 16th were the first to include your game against Adanac. Your rating went up from 2044.6 to 2088.2 thereby gaining 2 positions ( 20 -> 18 ). At the same time Adanac moved from 3rd to 4th position.
IP Logged

camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #72 on: Nov 17th, 2009, 2:19pm »

Very nice, Thank you woh.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #73 on: Nov 18th, 2009, 2:32pm »

Woh, is the new column for games played in the last year blanked out if the user has played less than 5?  That is to say, if they don't get a ranking among active players, it doesn't show whether they have played 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 games in the last year?
IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #74 on: Nov 18th, 2009, 2:44pm »

on Nov 17th, 2009, 10:42am, woh wrote:
I updated this ranking and excluded the bots you mentionned. The new ranking is based on a total of 1430 games, the previous one on 1470 games.

Thanks. I'm still pretty mystified by the ranking order.

Janzert
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  ...  10 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.