Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « TheMob vs TheGang »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   TheMob vs TheGang
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  20 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TheMob vs TheGang  (Read 41476 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: TheMob vs TheGang
« Reply #150 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 4:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 4th, 2011, 4:33pm, Nazgand wrote:
Really? I mean to disconcert you, but I thought both teams had an active double agent.

Are the captains checking with each other every time someone tries to join the PBWiki?
IP Logged

Nazgand
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6461

Email

« Reply #151 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 4:40pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 4:35pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Are the captains checking with each other every time someone tries to join the PBWiki?

Well, suppose I decide to switch teams, because I see a really good move I need to vote for as a Gangster. When I sign up and vote C<M>E>V, would anyone be suspicious?
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #152 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 4:53pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 4:40pm, Nazgand wrote:
Well, suppose I decide to switch teams, because I see a really good move I need to vote for as a Gangster. When I sign up and vote C<M>E>V, would anyone be suspicious?

The point is that someone is supposed to be suspicious in the "when I sign up" phase, long before you vote.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #153 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:01pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 4:40pm, Nazgand wrote:

Wow, how it is possible that you know this move is among our three proposals? But so far this move has only 3 official supporters and 5 gangsters are strongly against.

We are trying hard to discuss pros and cons of each proposal so even our less experienced gangsters could compare the arguments.

We will see if this move wins.

OK, I decided to change passwords on all accounts created by you. This will make spying much more difficult for you. Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:17pm by Hippo » IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #154 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:23pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 4:53pm, Fritzlein wrote:

The point is that someone is supposed to be suspicious in the "when I sign up" phase, long before you vote.

I always update the list of gangster on 6th page of this thread. We are still 12 (only Simon joined after the game started) ... compared to 2? new mobsters.
gang
mob
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 6:03pm by Hippo » IP Logged

Nazgand
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6461

Email

« Reply #155 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:30pm »

I have written out the pros and single con for the 5 less experienced gangsters who are strongly against.
Pros:
Winning after such a move would give ultimate bragging rights in the Arimaaverse.
Would be more challenging, and thus, fun.
Would confuse enemy; this strategy has not before been seen by them.
If it turns out that the pieces were switched and painted  over, this would be a good first step to winning.

Con:
Would temporarily sacrifice material for the ultimate goal of ultimate bragging rights.

Edit: I thought you had changed the passwords before; I specifically said to do so; I know my self well enough to know I can't be trusted.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:32pm by Nazgand » IP Logged
rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

« Reply #156 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:40pm »

Eltripas is in both lists, I guess some updates are needed in the lists.
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #157 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:42pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 5:30pm, Nazgand wrote:

Edit: I thought you had changed the passwords before; I specifically said to do so; I know my self well enough to know I can't be trusted.

Yes, but I have expected you to start spying much more later. Never mind, I am adding argument that this move was proposed by mobster and this will definitely convince unexperienced players ...

... could you put the above links to the first post in the thread. (At least the link to list of gangsters ... and create a link to list of mobsters to be maintained up to date).

[edit]Thanks[/edit]
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 6:02pm by Hippo » IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #158 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:44pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 5:40pm, rbarreira wrote:

Yes, Ivan declared himself to be official double agent.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:47pm by Hippo » IP Logged

rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

« Reply #159 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:44pm »

Quote:
I know my self well enough to know I can't be trusted.

Well in that case Hippo, make sure the wiki admin account is not using his email address Tongue
IP Logged
Nazgand
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6461

Email

« Reply #160 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:49pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 5:44pm, Hippo wrote:

Yes, Ivan declared himself to be official double agent.

Perhaps, but if he is a double agentCool, and he did not warn you about our move, AND we know your movelist(as you admitted), is he our double agent or your double agent? Grin
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #161 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 5:58pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 5:44pm, rbarreira wrote:

Well in that case Hippo, make sure the wiki admin account is not using his email address Tongue

He made a back door ... he formulated the question for resetting the arimaagang email account. But it would be difficult to use it and not to be detected. I am not planning to close that door for the case I will prematurely died Wink.
IP Logged

Nazgand
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6461

Email

« Reply #162 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 6:45pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 5:58pm, Hippo wrote:

He made a back door ... he formulated the question for resetting the arimaagang email account. But it would be difficult to use it and not to be detected. I am not planning to close that door for the case I will prematurely died Wink.

Thanks for reminding me... I doubt I'll use it though(Google asks many questions for password recovery). I don't remember what the security question is, but I remember that the answer is easy to guess for Arimaa fans.
Thinking of ways to tease you and thus distract you from the game has given me a few neat ideas.
Imagine a script is in the footer of Pbworks(visible on every page). Said script runs on page load. It first deletes the visible parts of the footer and sends session cookies to a certain server, with info about viewed page(e.g when it was last edited). The server decides if it wants a copy of the page, and the script obliges. Suppose said script then checks to see if it is in the settings page that has the option to edit the footer html, and deletes page components. SUPPOSE it then deletes the HTML that it is in, thus removing all traces of the script.
Nervous yet? Cool
Obviously a problem arises when someone has a whomping big monitor: They will see a flicker at the bottom of the page as the footer is deleted when the page loads.
IP Logged
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #163 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 10:18pm »

But seriously, I'm not the double-agent.
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #164 on: Aug 5th, 2011, 9:42am »

To update TheMob's list - we have added novacat and swynndla to the team.  722caasi never did sign up at PBwiki.

And just today, we have a brand new member - FyzixST.  That brings us to 14 with 1 bot.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2011, 9:48am by mistre » IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  20 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.