Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Ring of Fire Clubhouse »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2010 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   Ring of Fire Clubhouse
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ring of Fire Clubhouse  (Read 12574 times)
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

Re: Ring of Fire Clubhouse
« Reply #15 on: Mar 5th, 2010, 6:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Incoming!

I mean sign me in

I wonder if someone considers that the games from the world league are important enough to be commentated
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 10th, 2010, 1:30pm »

Hello Fellow Ringers:

We're trying to decide how many games to include in the upcoming World League cycle.

- Who is interested in representing the team in the upcoming April series?

- How many games would you be willing to play?  Are there any weeks that you cannot play?

Thanks,
Greg
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10th, 2010, 4:00pm »

I'm interested but if a better player wants to play he should play.

I'm willing to play 3 or 4 games I can play all the weekends in April as far as I know now but things may come out in the meantime.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2010, 4:01pm by Eltripas » IP Logged
amalgam
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #3973

« Reply #18 on: Mar 18th, 2010, 4:03am »

Thanks for another opportunity, I'll try to find time to play, but I'm willing to let others play as well. Holidays for me are from Mar 27 - Apr. 11, so I can probably play games during that time. After that, I still have some free time, but I'm not sure if I could find 60 hours a week.

So really, I suppose I might be able to play one or two games, but I don't mind if others wish to participate as well.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:14am »

So far we have 4 players that have offered to play during April.  

Adanac
Nombril
Eltripas
Amalgam

Most of us are available some weeks, but not all, so it would still be great to have more participants or even just a couple of people to volunteer for a back-up role.

Amalgam, you can still participate beyond April 11th, don't worry if you can't fill 60 time slots.  Even if you only have 20 preferred time slots, you'll virtually always be able to get a game in one of those slots.  Just set 40 other slots to the lowest priority.  In the event that you can't play at all, we'll find a back-up player for you.

If we can find a 5th player then I might switch to back-up due to a busy April schedule.  But I'll probably be obligated to play top board if we're up against Fritzlein or chessandgo.  I'll take one for the team Wink Yes, Jean Daligault has just joined the Europa team and they're looking pretty tough now Shocked  But we will beat them, right Ring of Fire?
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:15am by Adanac » IP Logged

knarl
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1648

« Reply #20 on: Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:16pm »

Gday Guys,

I've signed up to play in the league! Unfortunately you're the lucky team to get the handicap (me) Wink

I've submitted my available times (I really hope I don't get my lower preferences). Is that all I have to do?

Cheers,
knarl.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #21 on: Mar 24th, 2010, 6:35am »

on Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:16pm, knarl wrote:
Gday Guys,

I've signed up to play in the league! Unfortunately you're the lucky team to get the handicap (me) Wink

I've submitted my available times (I really hope I don't get my lower preferences). Is that all I have to do?

Cheers,
knarl.

Welcome to the Ring of Fire, knarl Smiley  Thanks for filling in your preferred times, that will make things easier once the games are scheduled.

We also need to determine which dates work best for all the participants.  Please announce which days in April you can and cannot play.  You can either post in this forum or send a message to me, whichever you prefer.  Thanks!

We're up to 5 players now so I'll volunteer to be a back-up player  (Unless the opposing #1 player is Fritzlein or Chessandgo, or if it's an inconvenient date for one of our Top 4, in which case I'll step in).
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2010, 6:37am by Adanac » IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 24th, 2010, 9:57am »

I'm happy to play Fritzlein or chessandgo.  You just have to let us in on the secret to how you dealt chessandgo one of his 2 losses in the WC.   Grin
IP Logged

knarl
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1648

« Reply #23 on: Mar 24th, 2010, 7:14pm »

So there's 4 games per match? and we'll have three reserve players (as of having seven players when I checked the wiki). Is there a rating cap per match, or a rating capped table per match?

I'm happy to stay reserve until you need my low rating to slip under the rating cap =). I can play any days in April as per scheduler times, other than the mornings of the 2nd and the 6th (GMT+11 and GMT+10 - DST ends on the 4th).

My scheduler times are a generic work week, because I didn't know which week I was filling out for specifically, but I can update it if I know which dates. Probably best to leave it generic and work out clashes/substitutions case by case.

Cheers,
knarl
IP Logged
knarl
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1648

« Reply #24 on: Mar 24th, 2010, 7:42pm »

OK, now I see the start date is the 12th of April. Ignore what I said before. I can play any day as per my scheduler times.

Cheers,
knarl.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #25 on: Mar 25th, 2010, 4:56am »

on Mar 24th, 2010, 7:42pm, knarl wrote:
OK, now I see the start date is the 12th of April. Ignore what I said before. I can play any day as per my scheduler times.

Cheers,
knarl.

The start date is April 12th.  But the games aren't actually scheduled to begin until the week after, April 19-25.  So keeping in mind that most of the games will be likely be played on the weekend of 23-25, who still wants to play?

I'm still available if need be.  And knarl has indicated he can play.  The other 3 players should also decide whether they still want to play, based upon the announced schedule.  Then I'll submit our 3 players on April 19.
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #26 on: Mar 25th, 2010, 5:54am »

on Mar 25th, 2010, 4:56am, Adanac wrote:

The start date is April 12th.  But the games aren't actually scheduled to begin until the week after, April 19-25.  So keeping in mind that most of the games will be likely be played on the weekend of 23-25, who still wants to play?

I'm still available if need be.  And knarl has indicated he can play.  The other 3 players should also decide whether they still want to play, based upon the announced schedule.  Then I'll submit our 3 players on April 19.

The date is still far to be 100% sure I'll be available but it is very likely.
IP Logged
The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25th, 2010, 10:25pm »

I think I would be able to substitute if need be.
IP Logged
Korhil
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #5160

« Reply #28 on: Apr 8th, 2010, 1:43am »

Hello,
I'm fairly new, but I have an interest in playing.
My work + social life means I can't tick anywhere near 60 boxes for availability unfortunately.

I'm at GMT + 12 and available mid to late evenings on the nights I am home.

Cheers,
Martin
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #29 on: Apr 8th, 2010, 8:12am »

on Apr 8th, 2010, 1:43am, Korhil wrote:
Hello,
I'm fairly new, but I have an interest in playing.
My work + social life means I can't tick anywhere near 60 boxes for availability unfortunately.

I'm at GMT + 12 and available mid to late evenings on the nights I am home.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Welcome aboard the Ring of Fire!  That’s OK if you can’t fill in 60 time slots.  We’re allowed to have a substitute in the event that you’re assigned an inconvenient time slot and can’t play.  But there is a +200 point substitution penalty and so we’ll try to utilize you during the weeks that you have the most available time slots.

I would recommend playing some games against Human opponents so that you can establish a WHR rating before the League begins.  Hopefully you’ll be rated with 100 points of Knarl so that you’ll have a valid substitute in a reasonably close time zone. Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2010, 12:00pm by Adanac » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.