Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 2:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « --ROCKIES-- »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2012 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   --ROCKIES--
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: --ROCKIES--  (Read 10462 times)
megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

--ROCKIES--
« on: Jul 19th, 2012, 3:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome to the Rockies clubhouse!
IP Logged

ginrunner
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #5449

Re: --ROCKIES--
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2012, 5:33pm »

Hey everybody! Grin
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2012, 11:39pm »

I can feel it.  This season will be our season.  It's in the air.
IP Logged

Dolus
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6845

DolusDeceit

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23rd, 2012, 4:23pm »

Hello. Smiley

I need to get my game back together. Even with the postal going on, I'm very rusty. (Not that I was that great to begin with!)

Maybe if I face off against Fritz non-stop until I can start winning. Yeah, that sounds good. Fritz, time to train the rest of the team. Wink
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24th, 2012, 1:13am »

Heh, my schedule is uncertain.  I probably shouldn't even commit to play for the team, but I can't stay away.  Go Rockies!
IP Logged

Aamir
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #590

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31st, 2012, 3:03pm »

Hello Everyone,

It's been quite a while since the last time I played a match of Arimaa online. Looking forward to starting up again. Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2012, 3:03pm by Aamir » IP Logged

knak
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #4724

« Reply #6 on: Aug 1st, 2012, 9:54am »

Looking forward to playing, but my schedule is also uncertain.  Also I play much lower than my WHR ranking, since that's based mostly on postal games, and I play much worse with time constraints.  I may try to do some "training" by playing some fast games against bots, or if anyone else wants to do a few practice games, that would be even better.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 2nd, 2012, 4:46pm »

Hopefully the fact that we have a lot of players on the team will make up for the fact that some of us won't be able to play much.  It's great to see our roster being longer than other teams for a change!  Woohoo!
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #8 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 1:20am »

Hi Team,

On the eve of the 2012 season, here's how the team is looking:

Players (9)
-------------
Aamir
balaclava
ChrisB
Copac
cptroot
Dolus
Fritzlein
ginrunner
knak

Fans (1)
----------
camelback

Also, camelback and Dolus have indicated they would be prepared to run a Twitter Account and Dolus has said he could also help out with administrative duties.  Thanks camelback and Dolus!

In case I got anything above wrong, please let me know.

Also, additional players of any level of experience are most welcome!  Just indicate your interest in joining in this thread.

It looks like Round 1, against Europa, could start as early as next week.  I'll send all the players a personal message seeking volunteers.  (One could access the message by clicking on "Hey, Username, you have X messages" at the top of this page.)

Looking forward to an exciting season!
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #9 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 12:23pm »

I just took a look at the league wiki and saw we have two new players:  Eggman and Simon.  Fantastic!

Welcome Eggman and Simon!

EDIT: I just sent to the two of you the message seeking volunteers for the upcoming round.
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2012, 12:26pm by ChrisB » IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 1:23pm »

on Aug 17th, 2012, 12:23pm, ChrisB wrote:
I just took a look at the league wiki and saw we have two new players:  Eggman and Simon.  Fantastic!

Welcome Eggman and Simon!

EDIT: I just sent to the two of you the message seeking volunteers for the upcoming round.

In a strange coincidence, two players named Eggman and Simon just disappeared from the Ring of Fire roster.  I think megajester made a mistake when he updated the Wiki -- I contacted him this morning about it.
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #11 on: Aug 17th, 2012, 7:05pm »

on Aug 17th, 2012, 1:23pm, Adanac wrote:

In a strange coincidence, two players named Eggman and Simon just disappeared from the Ring of Fire roster.  I think megajester made a mistake when he updated the Wiki -- I contacted him this morning about it.

Thanks, Greg.

Yes, it looks like Eggman and Simon were just entered in the wrong column.  Oh well, hope you guys enjoyed being Rockies for a few hours.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2012, 7:07pm by ChrisB » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 19th, 2012, 4:44pm »

Oh, rats!  Without Simon and Eggman, we once again have the smallest roster in the league.  Sigh.  At least we can use the old "guaranteed playing time" as a recruiting tool. Undecided
IP Logged

balaclava
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #7793

« Reply #13 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 10:24pm »

Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to taking part in AWL for the first time; all due credit to megajester for organizing this.

KNAK--If you wanted to play some practice games (presumably live at this point), i'd be more than happy to do so. Though, as my rating indicates, I might not provide quite the challenge you are looking for.

*EDIT*: I've noticed that my post does not contain the 'ROCKIES' emblem, though I have registered for the event and am part of the Rockies roster. Is there something i've failed to do, or is this simply a cosmetic error that will not affect my participation? Perhaps it is reserved for those who have previously taken part in the league? I'd appreciate it if someone can clear up this confusion. Thank you.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2012, 10:33pm by balaclava » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 20th, 2012, 11:44pm »

on Aug 20th, 2012, 10:24pm, balaclava wrote:
Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to taking part in AWL for the first time; all due credit to megajester for organizing this.

Welcome to the Rockies!  It's great to have another active member.  Maybe this year our captain ChrisB will have a few weeks where he can choose between four or five players instead of fielding the only three available!  Smiley

Quote:
*EDIT*: I've noticed that my post does not contain the 'ROCKIES' emblem, though I have registered for the event and am part of the Rockies roster. Is there something i've failed to do, or is this simply a cosmetic error that will not affect my participation? Perhaps it is reserved for those who have previously taken part in the league? I'd appreciate it if someone can clear up this confusion. Thank you.

The emblem is not dependent on your past participation, and you can participate at present without the emblem.  If, however, you want to show your team pride, you need to put the following in your signature:
Code:
[img]http://tinyurl.com/6c5e9bm[/img]

You can change your signature by clicking "Profile" in the main forum menu bar.

Once again, welcome!
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2012, 11:46pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.