Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 5:42pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Commentary audio »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Commentary audio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Commentary audio  (Read 9861 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Commentary audio
« Reply #30 on: Feb 1st, 2010, 7:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 31st, 2010, 6:17am, omar wrote:

If noone is planning to do commentary on the chessandgo vs Adanac game I'll take a crack at it, but it would be nice if someone could join me.

Sorry guys, I missed covering this game. I was sleeping like a rock at 4am and my cell phone alarm was enough to move me. By the time I got up it was 6:30. This game turned out to be an incredible upset with a spectacular ending and would have been fun to cover.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #31 on: Feb 1st, 2010, 8:03am »

on Jan 31st, 2010, 8:23am, Fritzlein wrote:
Thanks for posting the commentary, Omar.  I was sad to miss the 99of9 vs Tuks game, but listening to it after the fact was the next best thing.

Is there any way to do something about the relative microphone volume?  I had to choose between barely hearing you at all, or having my eardrums blown out by Adanac.

Greg did warn me about my volume being low and I turned up my mic volume as high as it would go; it made it better but still was hard to hear. After the game I went through the audio file and used Audacity to amplify the sections where I was speaking. I think that made it much better. There were some sections where Greg and I were over lapping a bit, so I didn't amplify those.

We still need to figure out what setting work best.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #32 on: Feb 1st, 2010, 4:41pm »

If the tentative game times for round 5 hold, then I could commentate both PMertens vs Tuks on Thursday and The_Jeh vs Chessandgo on Sunday.  Not to reserve all the plum assignments for myself; if anyone else wants to have those slots, just say the word.
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #33 on: Feb 1st, 2010, 5:27pm »

Just posting the commentary on woh vs hippo game:

http://www.4shared.com/file/213334705/3c22efb6/woh_vs_Hippo.html
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #34 on: Feb 2nd, 2010, 7:10am »

on Feb 1st, 2010, 4:41pm, Fritzlein wrote:
If the tentative game times for round 5 hold, then I could commentate both PMertens vs Tuks on Thursday and The_Jeh vs Chessandgo on Sunday.  Not to reserve all the plum assignments for myself; if anyone else wants to have those slots, just say the word.

I predict that nobody will have the audacity to bump Karl from the plum games  Grin

The only game I can potentially do is 99of9-Nevermind, moreso if I can recruit a co-commentator (any experience level).  Fritzlein makes it look easy to talk for 90 minutes straight, but it isn't!

Anyone can be a good co-commentator, even with a 1500 rating and no desire to do too much talking.  Just simple things like chipping in:  "Hey, why do you keep talking about wild tactics in the southeast when there's a better opportunity around c6?", for example, are a great help for getting the other tunnel-vision commentator to look around the board more.  (For some reason I search around all 4 quadrants frequently as a player, but get overfocused on one quadrant as a commentator).  Or "I wonder if it's better to frame or hostage in this situation?" can steer the conversation towards questions that many spectators might also be thinking about.  Plus, being solo means there's no opportunity to take a break, if say, you need a drink of water during a 74 move marathon and you forgot to keep a full glass nearby.  Oops   Cry
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #35 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 6:03am »

I could be available for Friday's Adanac vs Fritzlein.  For other games I may be present but not reliably available.  Perhaps I could be a designated sidekick.  I will most likely miss most of 99of9 vs Nevermind so I can't help Adanac there.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #36 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 6:40am »

I can still do PMertens vs. Tuks, even though it moved three hours earlier.  I'm guessing the North American live audience will be small in the middle of a work day, but that's why we record them.  Smiley
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #37 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 7:13am »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 6:03am, RonWeasley wrote:
I could be available for Friday's Adanac vs Fritzlein.  For other games I may be present but not reliably available.  Perhaps I could be a designated sidekick.  I will most likely miss most of 99of9 vs Nevermind so I can't help Adanac there.

The schedules were revised and I can no longer commentate on any of the games this week.  But I'll certainly listen to all the recordings sometime next week.

By the way Ron, did you record either of your Sunday broadcasts?  Other than those two I think I have all of the links below.  If anyone noticing a missing game, please let me know, or just add the link to the Wiki page:

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2010_Open_Classic_Round_2

ChrisB - Nevermind
PMertens - Chessandgo

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2010_Open_Classic_Round_3

Naveed - ChrisB
Tuks - Adanac
Fritzlein - Chessandgo
Hippo - TheJeh
99of9 - Omar
(wow, 5 in the same round!)

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2010_Open_Classic_Round_4

PMertens - Naveed
Tuks - 99of9
Woh - Hippo

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2010_Open_Classic_Round_5

PMertens - Tuks
TheJeh - Chessandgo
Adanac - Fritzlein (I haven't added a note yet, until it's official)
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #38 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:26am »

I think I should be there for 99of9-Nevermind (and also PM-Tuks just in case), but I'd most definitely need a co-commentator.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #39 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:31am »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:26am, chessandgo wrote:
I think I should be there for 99of9-Nevermind (and also PM-Tuks just in case), but I'd most definitely need a co-commentator.

We can share PMertens vs. Tuks if you like.  Maybe Omar can help you out for 99of9 vs. Nevermind?
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #40 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:57am »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 7:13am, Adanac wrote:

By the way Ron, did you record either of your Sunday broadcasts?

Sorry but no.  I'm apparently too lazy/clueless to learn the recording spell.  Next time I'll ask for help in this regard.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #41 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:51pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:31am, Fritzlein wrote:

We can share PMertens vs. Tuks if you like.  Maybe Omar can help you out for 99of9 vs. Nevermind?

The time for this game was changed so please check it again. The new time falls at 5am my time, so it might be hard for me to catch, but I'll try.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #42 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:56pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 6:03am, RonWeasley wrote:
I could be available for Friday's Adanac vs Fritzlein.

I could try to help you out on this game.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #43 on: Feb 3rd, 2010, 1:45pm »

ah, I won't be able to comment 99-Nvm with the new schedule.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #44 on: Feb 4th, 2010, 1:42pm »

So it is RonWeasley and Omar commentating on my game with Adanac?  Please make sure to capture it, as I am very eager to listen to it and won't be able to tune in live.  (I'll be asleep at that hour Wink)
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.