Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 7:12pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Commentary audio »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Commentary audio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Commentary audio  (Read 9863 times)
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

Re: Commentary audio
« Reply #60 on: Feb 17th, 2010, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 17th, 2010, 9:04am, omar wrote:
I hope some more people will step up to help with the commentary. Please don't worry about making mistakes or not being able to analyse the game correctly, it happens to all of us. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the community who could be good commentators, but haven't even tried it yet. This is a good change to give it a shot.

On Sunday I will need help with video recording. I will definitely be recording the chessandgo vs Fritzlein game, but since it will most likely overlap with The_Jeh vs woh game I won't be able to cover the later game. If someone can volunteer to do a video recording of that game it would really help out. I have noted down the settings I use with Camtasia.
    http://arimaa.com/arimaa/videos/camtasiaSmall.txt
I found these settings after much experimentation to produce very small size files, very good sound and video quality (for the small size), and have very little lag between video and audio even after hours of recording. Hope someone can help with recording the last game.

I think I will be able to help with that
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #61 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 6:39pm »

on Feb 17th, 2010, 7:13pm, Eltripas wrote:

I think I will be able to help with that

Thanks, that would be great if you could.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #62 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 6:44pm »

on Feb 17th, 2010, 9:21am, RonWeasley wrote:

Question: We have overlapping games on Sunday.  Are we set up to have overlapping commentary?

We might not. I still hope someone decides to jump in at the last minute.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #63 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 9:23pm »

I think the question meant whether we could have two channels of audio?

Sorry I can't commentate this week, I will be asleep during all the other games.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2010, 9:41pm by 99of9 » IP Logged
Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #64 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 9:26pm »

Is this the last minute?  Wink  I'd be willing to try talking about one game this weekend, though I would definitely prefer to play the role of sidekick!  There is the potential for background noise here...

Either of the Sunday games would work best for me, though Sat is an option.  I'm not sure about doing the recording, it seems someone else can do that?
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #65 on: Feb 19th, 2010, 6:40am »

on Feb 18th, 2010, 9:23pm, 99of9 wrote:
I think the question meant whether we could have two channels of audio?

Sorry I can't commentate this week, I will be asleep during all the other games.

Yes, we can have two channels of audio, Omar just needs to create them on the team speak channel.

Also I want to know if Omar wants me to record audio and video or just video.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #66 on: Feb 20th, 2010, 10:58am »

on Feb 18th, 2010, 9:26pm, Nombril wrote:
Is this the last minute?  Wink  I'd be willing to try talking about one game this weekend, though I would definitely prefer to play the role of sidekick!  There is the potential for background noise here...

Either of the Sunday games would work best for me, though Sat is an option.  I'm not sure about doing the recording, it seems someone else can do that?

Hey that would be great. I'll be there trying my best to make sense of the games in real-time Smiley if you can join in it would help out. I think we might need help both days.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #67 on: Feb 20th, 2010, 1:35pm »

on Feb 19th, 2010, 6:40am, Eltripas wrote:

Yes, we can have two channels of audio, Omar just needs to create them on the team speak channel.

Also I want to know if Omar wants me to record audio and video or just video.

If you can record both the audio and video that would be great. I've found that Camtasia works very good for recording both using the settings given in the link I posted earlier. Also turning off the sound in the client helps so that even if the audio video sync gets off it is not as noticeable. I use the JavaScript Development client when recording the games since it has labels on the trap squares and makes it easier to identify the squares, but feel free to use which ever client works best for you.
IP Logged
Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #68 on: Feb 20th, 2010, 6:51pm »

Thanks for the advice
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #69 on: Feb 21st, 2010, 2:02pm »

Was the game Simon - Tuks recorded?  I don't see it on Omar's video index and I have nothing for the Wiki yet.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #70 on: Feb 22nd, 2010, 7:09pm »

If the preliminary game times for Round 3 of the finals hold up, I can commentate for either Sunday game.  I probably shouldn't do both back-to-back, though, if I want to have a voice on Monday.  I'm happy with either if other folks have a preference for which they want to do.
IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #71 on: Feb 22nd, 2010, 7:57pm »

If anyone wants to listen to me again, I could talk during the later Sunday game.  If there is anyone else considering being a commentator for the first time, here are my first impressions about the experience:
1.  It was fun.
2.  It was easy, especially since I thought only one person was listening.  (There was a fairly well attended game overlapping the one I was talking about  Smiley  and I didn't notice when a bunch of people switched over after the other game finished. Shocked )
3.  It will hopefully improve my game - I think the toughest part was remembering to look at and discuss the strategy from both sides of the board.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #72 on: Feb 23rd, 2010, 5:02pm »

OK, I will lay claim to commentating the earlier Sunday game, Tuks vs. chessandgo, if that isn't too presumptuous.  I find that I enjoy doing solo commentary, but if anyone would like to do team commentary with me, speak right up.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #73 on: Feb 26th, 2010, 3:14pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2010, 7:57pm, Nombril wrote:
If anyone wants to listen to me again, I could talk during the later Sunday game.  If there is anyone else considering being a commentator for the first time, here are my first impressions about the experience:
1.  It was fun.
2.  It was easy, especially since I thought only one person was listening.  (There was a fairly well attended game overlapping the one I was talking about  Smiley  and I didn't notice when a bunch of people switched over after the other game finished. Shocked )
3.  It will hopefully improve my game - I think the toughest part was remembering to look at and discuss the strategy from both sides of the board.

I thought you did a great job of commentating. It would be great if you could cover the second game on Sunday.

IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #74 on: Feb 28th, 2010, 2:37pm »

Thanks to Nombril and chessandgo for covering the second game today.  Not only was my voice about to give out, it was far more relaxing to kick back and let other folks do the hard thinking.  I already knew chessandgo was a great commentator, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Nombril is too.  Thanks guys!  The experience of watching a live game is vastly enhanced by the audio feed.  I think we're really on to something here.
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2010, 2:39pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.