Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 11:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Commentary audio »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Commentary audio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Commentary audio  (Read 9865 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Commentary audio
« Reply #45 on: Feb 4th, 2010, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 2nd, 2010, 7:10am, Adanac wrote:
The only game I can potentially do is 99of9-Nevermind, moreso if I can recruit a co-commentator (any experience level).

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 8:26am, chessandgo wrote:
I think I should be there for 99of9-Nevermind (and also PM-Tuks just in case), but I'd most definitely need a co-commentator.

Woohoo!  I look forward to some rockin' analysis!
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #46 on: Feb 4th, 2010, 4:48pm »

on Feb 4th, 2010, 4:26pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Woohoo!  I look forward to some rockin' analysis!

Not from me though.  My offer for analysis was Saturday 6:00 my local time.  I believe the proposed re-re-scheduled time will occur during my work hours.

I don't think there was ever a possibility of chessandgo & I co-commentating because he's the opposite:  Saturday is bad while the re-re-scheduled Friday date is OK.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #47 on: Feb 4th, 2010, 5:10pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 1:45pm, chessandgo wrote:
ah, I won't be able to comment 99-Nvm with the new schedule.

The time for this game has been changed back to 14 hours earlier. Hope you will be able to cover it.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #48 on: Feb 5th, 2010, 9:04am »

yeah, Greg had it, I should be able to comment with the new new schedule. And to record the video, this time it shall work Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2010, 9:13am by chessandgo » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #49 on: Feb 5th, 2010, 10:39am »

and I'm absolutely looking for a co-commentator.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #50 on: Feb 5th, 2010, 11:03am »

I was able to listen to my commentary on PMertens vs. Tuks.  Thanks Jean for recording it and Omar for posting it!

My analysis was definitely of a lower quality, but that's fine with me, because I am trying to focus on talking rather than on thinking.  I expect the audience would rather have a smooth, lively presentation of generalities about the position (e.g. Gold needs his elephant on the other side) than have accurate tactical calculations punctuated by silence while I try to figure out variations.

I am pleased that I achieved my goal of cutting way back on "uh" and "um" this time around.  Unfortunately, I confused "east" and "west" at least fifteen times, and interchanged gold for silver, frame for smother, piece names, and square coordinates about half a dozen times each.  My focus for my next commentary (The_Jeh vs. chessandgo on Sunday) will be to say what I actually mean.  Making my words correspond to my thoughts shouldn't be that hard, should it?  I will try to listen to myself somewhat as I am talking, if that makes sense.

This commentary is turning out to be very enjoyable for me.  Perhaps I will give up gaming in order to learn how to be a radio broadcaster instead.  Smiley
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #51 on: Feb 5th, 2010, 8:11pm »

I just uploaded the video from the Adanac vs Fritzlein game. Also there is a video of the last part of 99of9 vs Nevermind game.

The sync problem is much reduced in the Adanac vs Fritzlein video. It is amazing that the hour and a half of audio and video used only about 40 MB. I used Xvid for the video format. It plays back in Windows Media fine, but VLC plays back only the video and no audio.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/videos/2010wc/

Jean, the files you uploaded were very small and seemed like just the beginning part.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #52 on: Feb 6th, 2010, 8:48am »

it was a 10-hour upload, so I did it today (I probably canceled it wrong yesterday, didn't realize I'd leave a partial file). Uploaded the .avi file, I'm going to compress the sound file and upload it now.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #53 on: Feb 7th, 2010, 8:31am »

on Feb 1st, 2010, 4:41pm, Fritzlein wrote:
If the tentative game times for round 5 hold, then I could commentate both PMertens vs Tuks on Thursday and The_Jeh vs Chessandgo on Sunday.

Gentlemen, I must apologize.  Yesterday (Saturday) I screamed myself hoarse rooting for my Ultimate Frisbee team through three cold, damp games.  I wrecked my voice for commentary today, and thus will not be able to cover The_Jeh vs. chessandgo.  Sad  Perhaps by tomorrow I will have recovered enough to commentate Simon vs. woh instead.

Sorry about that.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #54 on: Feb 10th, 2010, 11:32am »

Hey, it looks like I'll have a second shot to commentate on chessandgo vs. The_Jeh!  No frisbee this week, so I'm good to go.  Adanac said in chat that he can probably help.

Also I would love to commentate Adanac vs. Simon, and am seeking a partner in blather.  I can (just barely) keep the patter going all game at 60 seconds per move, but I'm pretty sure I can't do it at 90 seconds per move.  Ron, would you like to be the play-by-play to my color commentary?
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2010, 8:51am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #55 on: Feb 11th, 2010, 8:21am »

Thanks for the offer for Adanac vs Simon.  But I can't stay up that late.  I could help at the start of the game, but that might be very lame when I leave.  Other games this round are also at times where I have other commitments overlapping.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #56 on: Feb 16th, 2010, 7:41pm »

Rats, no commentary from me for round 2 of the finals.  I'll be asleep for 99of9 vs Adanac, at frisbee for Simon vs. Tuks, and playing during The_Jeh vs. woh.  Ah, well, maybe next week.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #57 on: Feb 16th, 2010, 8:23pm »

on Feb 16th, 2010, 7:41pm, Fritzlein wrote:
Rats, no commentary from me for round 2 of the finals.  I'll be asleep for 99of9 vs Adanac, at frisbee for Simon vs. Tuks, and playing during The_Jeh vs. woh.  Ah, well, maybe next week.

I can volunteer for one of the Sunday games but my Saturday is already booked.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2010, 8:59pm by Adanac » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #58 on: Feb 17th, 2010, 9:04am »

I hope some more people will step up to help with the commentary. Please don't worry about making mistakes or not being able to analyse the game correctly, it happens to all of us. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the community who could be good commentators, but haven't even tried it yet. This is a good change to give it a shot.

On Sunday I will need help with video recording. I will definitely be recording the chessandgo vs Fritzlein game, but since it will most likely overlap with The_Jeh vs woh game I won't be able to cover the later game. If someone can volunteer to do a video recording of that game it would really help out. I have noted down the settings I use with Camtasia.
    http://arimaa.com/arimaa/videos/camtasiaSmall.txt
I found these settings after much experimentation to produce very small size files, very good sound and video quality (for the small size), and have very little lag between video and audio even after hours of recording. Hope someone can help with recording the last game.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2010, 9:05am by omar » IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #59 on: Feb 17th, 2010, 9:21am »

I could help with the Saturday game and one of the Sunday games.  It's a bit risky with me in that I sometimes need to go afk during a game, but it's been fairly reliable so far.

Question: We have overlapping games on Sunday.  Are we set up to have overlapping commentary?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.