Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting  (Read 12671 times)
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

Re: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Reply #105 on: Feb 15th, 2011, 7:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

By process of elimination, I'll volunteer for Hippo-Fritzlein.  We have guests over that day, but they're supposed to leave before 4pm  Lips Sealed
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #106 on: Feb 15th, 2011, 8:20am »

I've put the Open Classic final standings and Finals pairings on the main page.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2011_World_Championship

Camelback has also updated the page for rounds 1 & 2 (except I wrote the intro paragraph):

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2011_World_Championship_Finals% 2C_Rounds_1-2

To better reflect hanzack's true WHR, I've posted the new pre-Finals WHR in the standings.  I hope nobody minds that, but I feel that it's an improvement to use ratings that better reflect his ability (not perfect, but it's closer).  I think I'll re-input Hippo's new WHR tomorrow because today's value probably doesn't include his 6th round game.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #107 on: Feb 15th, 2011, 9:17am »

Thanks, Adanac, for keeping the crosstable updated throughout the preliminaries.  I found myself constantly consulting it.

Jean, I am thrilled that you will be commentating a game in this World Championships!  I won't be able to listen live, but hopefully Omar will be able to record it so that I can replay it Saturday evening.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #108 on: Feb 15th, 2011, 4:04pm »

on Feb 15th, 2011, 8:20am, Adanac wrote:
I've put the Open Classic final standings and Finals pairings on the main page.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2011_World_Championship

Camelback has also updated the page for rounds 1 & 2 (except I wrote the intro paragraph):

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2011_World_Championship_Finals% 2C_Rounds_1-2

To better reflect hanzack's true WHR, I've posted the new pre-Finals WHR in the standings.  I hope nobody minds that, but I feel that it's an improvement to use ratings that better reflect his ability (not perfect, but it's closer).  I think I'll re-input Hippo's new WHR tomorrow because today's value probably doesn't include his 6th round game.

Hmm, postal with mistre affects my whr more than game with Trevor, but I suppose the exact time of getting the whr does not matter.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #109 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 10:13am »

I've linked every commentary in this folder  

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/videos/2011wc/

to the Wiki.  There were other recorded broadcasts that haven't been uploaded to this particular folder yet but I'll wait until they're in this location so that we have a consistent and permanent link for all the files.

There are 8 video files from the 5th round, so that's a particularly good place to start if you want to review the games:

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2011_Open_Classic_Round_5

EDIT:  Hmmm, now that I think about it, just use the top link for the video files.  It's much easier to find what you're looking for  Wink.  But the 2011 WC Wiki links will be good for archive purposes as new players browsing the Wiki won't be familiar with the first link above.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2011, 10:48am by Adanac » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #110 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 11:29am »

oh btw, should I record something (audio or...)?
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #111 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 11:41am »

on Feb 16th, 2011, 11:29am, chessandgo wrote:
oh btw, should I record something (audio or...)?

If Omar is there he'll record it and have an .avi file loaded onto the site within 30 minutes of the games finish  Cool  

If Omar's not there then you may need to record it yourself and thank the sponsors (reading their names and thanking them should be enough if Omar's not there - but he usually is).
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2011, 12:28pm by Adanac » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #112 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 2:29pm »

Oh wow, I've finally listened to the commentary of my game with rabbits. I'm totally unintelligible during the postgame interview. I don't know whether it's due to the mic or the bad english accent or what, but I can't commentate a game if I sound like that, nobody is going to listen Smiley I'll do some teamspeak tests to check it out.

As a side note, the move sounds are way too loud in this recording, much louder than the commentator's voices, it would be better I think to lower them a lot if possible for the future recordings, or even to mute them perhaps.

EDIT: Just tested it a bit in TS. I had to reinstall the client before the start of the WC, but I forgot to check the settings. Now I have selected the noise reduction option, and it's much better. Strangely enough the french accent remains unchanged, but at least the sound appears to be much better Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2011, 2:45pm by chessandgo » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #113 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 2:31pm »

on Feb 16th, 2011, 11:41am, Adanac wrote:

If Omar is there he'll record it and have an .avi file loaded onto the site within 30 minutes of the games finish  Cool  

If Omar's not there then you may need to record it yourself and thank the sponsors (reading their names and thanking them should be enough if Omar's not there - but he usually is).

Hmmm ok, thanks, we'll see how it plays out Smiley
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #114 on: Feb 16th, 2011, 2:48pm »

on Feb 16th, 2011, 2:29pm, chessandgo wrote:
Oh wow, I've finally listened to the commentary of my game with rabbits. I'm totally unintelligible during the postgame interview. I don't know whether it's due to the mic or the bad english accent or what, but I can't commentate a game if I sound like that, nobody is going to listen Smiley I'll do some teamspeak tests to check it out.

As a side note, the move sounds are way too loud in this recording, much louder than the commentator's voices, it would be better I think to lower them a lot if possible for the games to come, or even to mute them perhaps.

I listened to that interview during the live broadcast and it sounded fine to me.  But the entire audio recording for that broadcast came out slightly garbled.  All of Omar's recordings that I listened to in rounds 4-6 turned out great, so I wouldn't worry too much about the sound quality.  I'm sure it will turn out great  Smiley
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #115 on: Feb 17th, 2011, 2:31am »

on Feb 16th, 2011, 2:48pm, Adanac wrote:

I listened to that interview during the live broadcast and it sounded fine to me.  But the entire audio recording for that broadcast came out slightly garbled.  All of Omar's recordings that I listened to in rounds 4-6 turned out great, so I wouldn't worry too much about the sound quality.

Ok cool. Although with noise reduced on my side and a good quality recording, I don't have any excuse anymore Smiley
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #116 on: Feb 17th, 2011, 11:20am »

I should be able to record all the games this round. But it would be good to have a backup in case anything goes wrong. Preferably the backup should be someone not doing the commentary, but logged into TS. Capturing both audio and video would be good, but even just an audio capture is fine.

I'll have to remember to turn off the sound in the game client. If the commentator keeps the sound in the game client on, it should be OK and won't come out too loud.

Greg, some of the other videos in the ftp area, but not in the videos/2011wc area are the ones which did not turn out good. Some don't have the audio and others have a AV sync problem. I am putting only the good ones in the videos/2011wc area.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2011, 11:23am by omar » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #117 on: Feb 17th, 2011, 11:24am »

on Feb 17th, 2011, 11:20am, omar wrote:
Greg, some of the other videos in the ftp area, but not in the videos/2011wc area are the ones which did not turn out good. Some don't have the audio and others have a AV sync problem. I am putting only the good ones in the videos/2011wc area.

That's great about the video files, but what about the audio files?  Are you going to permanently store those, or throw them away because they have no video?
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2011, 11:25am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #118 on: Feb 17th, 2011, 8:30pm »

on Feb 17th, 2011, 11:20am, omar wrote:
I should be able to record all the games this round. But it would be good to have a backup in case anything goes wrong. Preferably the backup should be someone not doing the commentary, but logged into TS. Capturing both audio and video would be good, but even just an audio capture is fine.

I'll try.

And to C&G, I was able to understand you as much as I understood Adanac or Nombril, you are more than qualified to give outstanding commentary.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #119 on: Feb 18th, 2011, 11:54am »

Err thanks for the kind words, if everybody could understand me that's good. Perhaps listening to the recording on my laptop which has a bad sound did make it sound worse than it was. In any case my microphone settings are now correct, so I'm gonna sound better  Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.